Monday, April 24, 2006


I enjoyed staring at the fuzzy waters of the swimming pool for like 3 hours last night. The rest of my time was spent taking care of my baby brother and fooling around with my baby cousin, Levin. For a while, I thought I was just hallucinating. Night swimming. Bright lights. Videokes. Discos. Chlorine. Menstrual cramps. The map of the Philippines in my head [I had an exam the next morning which was this morning]. The eerie text message. The terror of my coming birthday.

I almost asked for the blue moon to keep me sane.


*

You're texting me after three years? You're keeping in touch with me after three years? You're asking if I still know you after three years? You're asking me if I'm surprised that you suddenly popped out after three years?

Have you already forgotten that the last time we had any form of communication was also after three years?

And why on earth have you suddenly appeared in my life again if you're not going to even bother answering my messages? It pains me to think that that only message that you've given me would remain in my inbox for as long as it's possible. Talk about pathetic fossils. Besides, I myself already feel like I'm being fossilized alive.


Do I have to start counting the years again?







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home